Advanced Search

Author Topic: SD Gundam Online (Its freeeee!)  (Read 6459 times)

July 05, 2011, 01:46:53 AM
Read 6459 times

Offline squidgy617

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 26, 2010, 12:02:29 AM

• View Profile
SD Gundam Online (Its freeeee!)
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:46:53 AM »

This game is free. Yes free. If you like robots, blowing stuff up, or shooting of any sort, then you should play SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online. Even if you know nothing about Gundam. If you are a human-being, and you're computer can run something more than Minesweeper, you should at least try this game.

Unfortunately the game is centered in various parts of Asia, making it hard to set up, but thanks to cool people on the internet, you can follow simple-to-read guides to start playing easily! I did it, and if I could, so can you!

And why am I going through all this work to get you to play? Quite frankly, I love this game, and I want to see some new people on there!

If you're still reading this than you are at least partially interested! Yay!
Most computers can handle the game fine, but here are the System Requirements.
Minimum:
?CPU : Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.8 Ghz
?Memory : 512 MB
?Video Card : Geforce 4 ti4400 or Radeon 9600
?DirectX 9.0c
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended:
?CPU : Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz
?Memory : 1GB
?Video Card : Geforce 7600 or ATI Radeon x1600
?DirectX 9.0c
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now then, still interested? Here's a guide on joining! Yay!
First, you will need to register. Here is the handy dandy registration guide:
Registration Guide
You'll notice we're going to the Taiwan version. The Korean version is the most up to date, but it is unfortunately illegal to play unless you are a legal citizen of Korea. So yeah. We'll stick with Taiwan.
There are a few things you will need to know on this guide:
1. In step 2, click the button on the right. That button will register you.
2. In step 4, right click each link and go to properties. If the URL has the word "Activate" in it, that's the right one.
3. STOP AT STEP SIX. The game has been updated since, so I will guide you from here.
Here is a link to the installer. Download it, run it, and I will guide you through the next step.
Download
4. Once it is installed, run the new .exe.
5. It will come up with a screen that looks like this. Click the big circular button, and a new window will appear. At the bottom is what looks like a loading bar and two yellow buttons. Press the RIGHT yellow button to begin patching.
6. Now for the long part. Patching overnight is the best way to go. Don't worry, its not super-huge, its just that you're downloading from Taiwan, so it will take some time. When the game is done patching, you can launch it any time by clicking the icon and hitting the same yellow button. The game will launch.
7. To log in, type your username and password and hit enter. Voila! You are in! Now for some more guides to help you.
Guide to navigating the menus
Wiki for looking at the different gundam. Is the most up-to-date, but not as detailed information-wise as the next one. Not all the gundam in this wiki are in the Taiwan version of the game, but most are.
Wiki for in-depth information. Very nice for information, but does not have all the gundam.

Questions? Need help with anything? Ask me. I've got it all down by now, if you need help, I can help. If you're interested, please post or try it, one of the two.

July 05, 2011, 03:35:16 AM
Reply #1

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
Re: SD Gundam Online (Its freeeee!)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:16 AM »
Looks really nice for a free game.
Too bad I don't like Gundam.
Except G Gundam, of course.

July 05, 2011, 04:25:36 AM
Reply #2

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:25:36 AM »
Korea gets all the awesome stuff before us, 1st digimon battle online, then digimon world online, and now this, Korea is starting to turn into the new japan for me

July 05, 2011, 02:08:01 PM
Reply #3

Offline squidgy617

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Its true, that's why I was ticked off at first. When I found the Taiwan version I was happy, but I still wish I could play the Korean one.

July 05, 2011, 06:44:40 PM
Reply #4

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »
Why am i not surprised with Korea... :<

November 15, 2011, 01:45:41 AM
Reply #5

Offline squidgy617

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 01:45:41 AM »
SUPER BUMP.

I don't know if anyone cares at all, but if you didn't care about this game mostly because its so much effort to play a foreign game, I have GREAT NEWS. You guys were mad at the exclusivity of this game? Well, a North American release is on the way!

Of course, I'm going to have a hard time switching... I've made a lot of progress. It really depends. If the North American server gets updates faster than the Taiwan one, you can bet I'll switch.