Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff's Official Pushmo Puzzle League  (Read 3423 times)

December 31, 2011, 12:16:41 AM
Read 3423 times

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Cutstuff's Official Pushmo Puzzle League
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »
Yes... it's Pushmo.

For those of you who haven't heard of the game (or simply don't own a 3DS) Pushmo is a puzzle-platformer developed by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems. You take control of a fluffy sumo-looking man named Mallo who works at Pushmo Park, an area filled with walls called "Pushmo" that can be pushed and pulled to create platforms, stairs, and the like. There are several other fluffy people at Pushmo Park, some of which are trapped on the Pushmo walls (and you have to rescue them).

The owner of Pushmo Park, Papa Blox (no I am not making this up), creates new Pushmo for all the fluffy boys and girls of the world to play on. You can also make YOUR OWN Pushmo puzzles in the Pushmo Studio, and on top of that, you can convert the puzzles to QR codes for other Pushmo owners to scan in and play.

The Mega Man Network already ran a story about the game, and they even included some codes for Mega Man themed Pushmo puzzles! If you have the game and made puzzles for it, I'd love to play them sometime. I also have a few puzzles of my own, which I'll upload in a couple of days.

So, what are your thoughts?

January 26, 2012, 03:46:11 PM
Reply #1

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
I freaking love that Pushmo dog
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
I'm bumping the crap out of this topic

(click to show/hide)
Interestingly enough, the three shell Pushmo walls are pretty different when you go to solve them. The stage gimmicks and the upper pattern of the shell somehow made them play a bit differently than one another, so all three are worth a try.

January 26, 2012, 05:56:17 PM
Reply #2

Offline Kage

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 11, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/kagegamer12
Re: Cutstuff's Official Pushmo Puzzle League
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »
This looks like a pretty interesting and unique kind of puzzle game that I would actually play. Before looking at this post, I saw this on the e-shop but I never bothered to check it out at all since the character looked a bit too silly. But then after seeing the video, it made want to play this game and create my own puzzles. Too bad I don't have the money to buy it yet :<

January 26, 2012, 06:15:10 PM
Reply #3

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »
I have the game. It's called Pullblox in my region. :geek:

I just made a puzzle just now:
(click to show/hide)

I went and solved your blue shell. I haven't progressed far enough in the main game to unlock the larger puzzles so far, so I can't exactly go and climb your Nidoqueen right now.

January 28, 2012, 08:34:16 PM
Reply #4

Offline Combotron

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 03:32:27 AM

• View Profile
    • http://shaos-x.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
So i'm done nearly every puzzle in Pushmo, so I took some time to make a few puzzles for once.

We've got an Elekid puzzle, a Chie puzzle, and a Slime puzzle. Expected choices from me.

(click to show/hide)

I also downloaded some of the puzzles in this topic. Nidoqueen was decent enough to figure out, but the sheer size makes it take a lot of time. The Beat puzzle was fun with a good two-passageway puzzle to it. Good work guys!

February 10, 2012, 04:49:31 PM
Reply #5

Offline Kage

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 11, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/kagegamer12
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »
I'm almost completely done with Pushmo, just nearly half of the special challenges and the Rocket Ship remain. In the meantime, I made a few random puzzles that are all pretty easy.

(click to show/hide)

I can make puzzles, I just have no clue how to make them challenging enough to the point that its just barely possible to complete them.

February 10, 2012, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #6

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
Welcome to the party Kage. :cool:

I played the Beat and Chie Burgers levels. Beat was REALLY fun (if a bit on the easy side) and I actually enjoyed playing it more than once just to see if I could solve the wall in different ways. Chie Burgers was fun as well, thought that might be just me since I'm used to huge ass Pushmo walls like Nidoqueen. Elekid wasn't too bad either... though I notice Combo has a thing for putting flags on unreachable floating platforms that involve pull-out switches and ladders to reach.

For those of you who enjoyed the Nido wall (read: nobody) I'm almost done with a Smash wall to go with it.