Advanced Search

Author Topic: Dimpsy's Modification Lab (Dimpsy's Classes Release 4.5!)  (Read 10339 times)

December 31, 2013, 09:03:00 AM
Read 10339 times

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

• View Profile
Dimpsy's Modification Lab (Dimpsy's Classes Release 4.5!)
« on: December 31, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Hello! Welcome to my brand new thread for various other Mods besides Skins and Maps.
(Do note, my coding is very minimum right now, so I can't do entirely amazing things like the Unholy Bosses, ect.)

===Dimpsy Classes===
A lame name to a now cancelled Classes mod.

This Class Mod currently contains 10 classes.
Basically this is a random Classes Mod, where I just do what I can and anybody I want or am suggested and like.

Classes:
(click to show/hide)

Credits:
-YD Classes Mod Team (Borrowed and modified code, I hope this isn't a problem)
-DarkBowser100 (Dark Dash)
-Light (Assistance with adding custom colors to the Classes)
-Otaku Alex, LordDamager, and Pik? (Helped fix and sort of balance things out, as well as various ideas)

Screenshots :
(click to show/hide)

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?drqbpzvkegp6jm1

Previous Versions :

My Skin Page : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5389
My Map Page : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5639
My Sprite Page : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9618

December 31, 2013, 11:32:22 PM
Reply #1

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 1!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:32:22 PM »
The first release to my Classes Mod is now available, download and try it out! :D

January 01, 2014, 07:56:41 AM
Reply #2

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 1!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »
There are various classes that I sadly will need to temporarily remove from the Classes Mod (at least for the upcoming update), as they are broken.
See, the problem is that all the characters besides Naize and Bass that use Busters don't even function anymore.
This includes Protoman, Duo, Dark Dash, and even Megaman himself somehow. I believe this also affected a couple other classes but I can't remember off the top of my head.
If you can find a solution, please let me know.

January 01, 2014, 08:17:51 PM
Reply #3

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 1.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
I fixed up Duo, but still didn't re-add Dark Dash and Protoman.
Dark Dash and Protoman will be added back very soon.

January 02, 2014, 06:10:11 AM
Reply #4

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 1.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 06:10:11 AM »
I finally was able to fix everyone's Busters! It actually had something to do with the Inferno Class breaking everything because he used the BusterAmmo even though he doesn't actually have a normal Buster like the other few Classes. Expect Protoman and Dark Dash to return next update, as well as a little overhaul to a couple Classes... and more!!

January 03, 2014, 12:56:08 AM
Reply #5

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 2!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:56:08 AM »
New update! This update includes various things like:
- Emberman is back from Otaku Classes!
- Dusk has a Custom HUD
- I have modified Dusk, Black, AND White Mage to be a little fair
- Added in Pit, from the Kid Icarus series!
- And more... I think?

January 03, 2014, 02:16:52 AM
Reply #6

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 02:16:52 AM »
Oh yea btw guys, just because a Class is playable in my Mod at this current moment, it doesn't mean they are done. I still gotta add Altfires to certain classes, and I also gotta make sure things are fairly balanced so nobody is TOO OP. And I also gotta try to make a good amount of them unique.

January 03, 2014, 04:14:53 AM
Reply #7

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
I was bored and needed to break the wall of posts >_>
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 04:14:53 AM »
White Mage - The amazing innovation here is that the horizontal HUD's bars are vertical. He fires a gravity defying tornado hold and also has a neat number 2 next to his health bar, which goes well with his bloody ghost hand.

Forte - The biggest complaint I had about Bass' class is that he did not fire magical purple shots. The double jump ability is not present as it is extraneous. His dash is disabled for copy weapons, just like the real games. He betrays his name, however as when you switch to the magical purple shot buster he plays no sound. My recommendation would be to play every sound in the game at once.

Naize - A simple bass rip off with a high jump, fast speed, and a punch. His unique aspect is his invisible item and his invisible death sequence. The mysteries of this item are unknown, but I will experiment to find the true meaning behind this mystical object. This is prime tea party classes material, you should submit it there as they are looking for interesting classes that don't fire cut man's stage.

Dark Dash - He is a standard mega man edit, but it takes note from the glories of tea party and plays the weapon select sound upon firing a fully charged shot. He also dies while invisible, so it is presumed Dark Dash and Naize are brothers, separated in different dimensions by an evil being. They are finally reunited in this mod to fight the evils of the world like hunger and underage drinking.

Proto - The biggest issue with proto man in other mods was the fact he could slide. This mobility only harmed him and made him incredibly broken. Now he can no longer slide, but I recommend setting his movement speed to 0.1 to make this class perfect.

Duo - Duo was a big disappointment in YD classes as he could not pick up weapon energy to power his mighty duo fish. Thankfully, the issue is resolved here. Hopefully the classes team will replace their pitiful class with this one. He also dies invisible, creating evidence that duo is related to Naize and Dark Dash as well and was the one who brought them together.

Inferno - The amazing innovation here is that fire storm now has no gravity or shield. This is accurate to the games and the core dev team should look into replacing fire storm with this proper version, colors and all. He also dies invisible so I presume he is Dark Dash's third cousin twice removed plotting revenge against him whilst raiding auto's shop at night to fill his ETank addiction.

Black Mage - This blasphemous class fires fire storm, shield and all. He can cause an evil lightning storm of death after eating his dinner of dead children. This storm is infused with the power of the dead children and causes an massive 0.1189146248 damage and also randomly reappears when a child's soul has been sent to the netherworld. I also found out that the invisible item Naize has was dropped by this class, forever cursing Naize to a life of crime and villainy with spring man.

Dusk - This class is the archrival of Forte. His creator saw the power of Bass, but did not have money for parts to build an even more powerful robot. So, he took shade man's buster and skull man's everything along with plans found in a Chinese iPhone factory (owned by the Black Mage) for a buster like Forte's, but one that fires every 90 years when the sun and moon are in perfect alignment. He can copy weapons and features Bass' unique "no sound on select" feature. His alt is a magical flame thrower that is not fire but circles, as his creator was a disgruntled geometry teacher who vowed revenge on Bass for taking his job teaching children about the glories of circumferences.

Ember Man - This class comes right out of the popular fan game Super Mega Man 4. He has unlimited ammo fire storm, complete with a floating icon of doom signifying the difference between him and the wannabe fire man. He can switch polarities and fire oil, granting him a shield and oil slider. However, unlike the inferior oil sliders of the past, this oil slider's sounds are less frequent. It is almost poetic, ss if Ember Man is just a tormented soul, trying to speak but no one will understand him. Hopefully the next version will contain subtitles so he may tell his epic story.

Pit - This magical angel has risen from the pit he grew up in with the mole peoples. He can fire expired movie tickets at 986 mph and gains a magical white arm brace when doing so. He can pick up weapon energy for this weapon to increase the fire rate to 986.000001 mph.

At this point the black mage ate more children and the lightning storms of supreme tickling started appearing in random places. Hopefully his strength gets addressed in a future update, and be sent back to hell with Spring Man and his evil cronies.

January 03, 2014, 05:00:11 AM
Reply #8

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 05:00:11 AM »
Oh my god, Gummy that broke my sides to death!
But in all seriousness, I will look into some of the things that you have mentioned that appear to be issues.
And, like I just posted earlier, just because a Class is playable, doesn't mean they're done. I do appreciate the critique, and I'm glad someone even GAVE me critique.

EDIT: What I especially don't get is how you still managed to obtain the Class Weapons from such like Naize and Black Mage, even though I put in a code that specifically should've made it to where they CAN'T DROP CLASS WEAPONS WHEN YOU DIE.
Also do keep in mind, Black Mage, White Mage, Dusk, Bass, and Protoman are taken straight out of Otaku Classes with edits. Black Mage and White Mage were given brand new HUDs, I gave Dusk the HUD sprites that were in his Buster Folder, so I didn't know they were Shademan's, and Dark Dash is FARRRR from completion. I still need the guy's sprites from DarkBowser100 himself.

EDIT 2: I don't see what you're talking about with the "invisible death" part, I tested Naize and Duo a lot and they seemed to have died normally, sprites and all.

January 03, 2014, 05:21:34 AM
Reply #9

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 05:21:34 AM »
It wasn't the weapons that dropped, but the items. Invisible death means they do not explode when they die, probably because the animation actor is spawned on the floor and therefore dies immediately.

January 07, 2014, 04:48:18 AM
Reply #10

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 04:48:18 AM »
I actually took note of your "descriptions" of all the Classes I have as of now.

White Mage is a she.
I honestly do not see where you are going about Naize being a Bass ripoff. He doesn't rapid shoot (At least he doesn't anymore).
It's likely that you are playing on an older version when you were experimenting with him.
Also an ironic twist, Dark Dash and Naize do come from the same universe, but they aren't brothers. They're more "friends" if you will.
Inferno's Inferno Buster is not really trying to be like the Fire Storm. I borrowed code from Flame Blast and gave it the Fire Storm effect.
I don't think Otaku Alex was inspired by Super Mega Man 4 when he made the Emberman class.

Regardless, I will look into the invisible item drop thing.

EDIT: Anyways, V2B will be out soon. It will include a reworked Dusk, a few fixes for some of the Classes, custom colors (Thanks Light!), among other things. Like taunts! (Though I may just make the Taunt Pack a separate file because Dimpsy Classes is already rivaling YD Classes in terms of file size)

January 07, 2014, 07:32:11 AM
Reply #11

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsy's House of... uhh... (Dimpsy's Classes Release 2.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 07:32:11 AM »
New update!
This includes various things, mainly and mostly just small but noticeable things.

January 08, 2014, 02:52:10 AM
Reply #12

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 02:52:10 AM »
Sadly, since Otaku Alex had to be so rough about the new update and how Dusk's Buster was fixed (broken to him apparently), I no longer have the rights to his Classes anymore... well except for Bass and Protoman (HE LITERALLY JUST TOOK A CORE WEAPON AND SLAPPED IT ONTO A CLASS).

Regardless, he has allowed me to still use his Classes Mod as a base, and use his Classes as inspiration for a future Class.
If you guys still want to see these Classes SORT OF return, think of Classes that could be PERFECT substitutes. I'm pretty much open for suggestions.

January 08, 2014, 03:39:16 AM
Reply #13

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 03:39:16 AM »
* Naize can still collect ammo while on his buster. He still dies invisible
* Dark Dash still dies invisible. And yeah if you put that taunt on any class I would revoke any usage rights in 5 seconds flat.
* No bass I will not give you an egg. No duo not you too oh wait you still die invisible.
* Really what is with theses eggs? Also inferno can pick up ammo and still dies invisible.
* Ok what the hell did you do to dusk? He can pick up ammo still, but why the hell does he take ammo twice and also have his shots hurt him? He also can't pick up any health. His buster still fires every 90 years and judging by the damage to yourself it does nothing.
* Ember Man's oil slider sounds are still wrong and also he can pick up weapon energy too.

January 08, 2014, 04:29:05 AM
Reply #14

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 04:29:05 AM »
Nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk nerf Dusk. His alt can still stunlock.

Wait you lost the right to him? Bullshit, it's not like Otaku is using him anymore.