Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3D beta + Mapper's needed!  (Read 207812 times)

September 24, 2012, 05:42:10 AM
Reply #210

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Specify the health PER PLAYER
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2012, 05:42:10 AM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
Quote from: "Hinatediz"
Health: 4/5

Nononononononono, do it this way.

Health: 200 per player
Health: 250 per player
Health: 217.8392060953479025 PER PLAYER

Ya see what I mean? That way, Silver won't have to guess what you mean because he'll have a specific number.

Unless he wants his hale to have 4 hp for every 5 players that joined, which in that case..
(click to show/hide)

September 24, 2012, 07:02:37 AM
Reply #211

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
best idea ever: +0 HP per player
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »
Quote from: "Rozark"
Hale to have 4 health every 5 players that joined
Challenge accepted. :cool:

Name: Spike

Skin: Helm-less Mega Man (someone go make a skin though)

Story: While chasing after the rampaging Pipo Monkeys, Spike falls for one of Specter's traps and is sent through time again... but now, to the future! Unfamiliar with such advanced robotics, Spike thinks the flashing lights and explosions means the robots are working for Specter. He sets out to try and put a stop to the fighting, much to the dismay of Mr. X's tournament contestants.

Theme: Peak Point Matrix - Vs. Specter
(click to show/hide)
Health: Spike only has five health points, visible on-screen as a... pile of cookies? Any damage taken by Spike deals exactly one point of damage, and Spike is stunned for a bit before he can move again. However, immediately after recovering he will have a few seconds of mercy invincibility, so watch out!

Movement speed: Blazing. For a guy with only melee attacks and six health points, you gotta move it son!

Special Trait: Spike can double-jump, similar to Bass in YD Classes.

Catch Bonus: When a player is defeated by Spike and he is missing health, one of Spike's cookies will be restored.

Attack: Actually, Spike brings four of his "Gotcha Gadgets" with him to the stage. He switches through them by pressing a movement button and Alt-Fire. For example, pressing Alt-Fire while holding the Forward button will switch to the Stun Club. Holding down Alt-Fire will allow the player to select their Gotcha Gadget as long as the button is held, though they will be unable to move while doing so.

Up: Stun Club. Swing this sword-like device to stop enemies in their tracks for a few seconds, which should be plenty of time to net 'em up. The attack has a decent range for a melee attack, and the club can be swung rapidly over and over again. However, multiple swings in a short time frame will drain the club's energy reserves.

Left: Sky Flyer. Hold down Fire to swirl the device around, then release to propel yourself high into the air. You'll gently float back down to the ground after taking flight unless you switch weapons. Flight can also be triggered mid-air, though the player has to start swirling the Sky Flyer while on the ground.

Right: Time Net. You stop, you swing, you net. Bye bye monkey.

Down: Here I'd like a little bit of input. I'm not sure whether the Dash Hoop or the Slingback Shooter would be a better option.

Dash Hoop: Swish-swish-swish-swish-VREEEEEEEEE~!! The silliest (and most downright fun) Gotcha Gadget in the game to most players, this electrically-charged hula hoop temporarily stops Spike in place while he shakes his money maker. After getting in a couple good sways, Spike dashes forward at high (and nearly uncontrollable) speeds, rebounding off walls and plowing down those who get in his way. Releasing the Fire button in the middle of a dash will cancel the attack. Turning is disabled throughout the attack, so prepare the attack to make sure you don't run right off a cliff! Players hit are immobilized as if they were hit by the Stun Net, though you might not get to them in time to catch them in the net. As a sort of trade-off, hit players will also be pushed back by a fair amount.

Slingback Shooter: Ready... aim... fire! Load this slingshot with seed pellets by holding Fire, then release to launch them forward in a fast and low arc. While a seed is loaded Spike moves slower, so make your shots quickly... but not too quickly, as delaying the shot will increase its accuracy. Rivals hit by pellets will slow down, but won't come to a complete stop like they do when hit by the Stun Club.

Due to his high speed and arsenal of attacks (plus the low health isn't helping much), Spike lacks any form of rage boost.

September 25, 2012, 12:34:00 AM
Reply #212

Offline JJ Boom

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 18, 2011, 12:45:41 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V3B + NOW ACCEPTING HAL
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:00 AM »
I have another boss idea.

(click to show/hide)

September 25, 2012, 12:48:18 AM
Reply #213

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 12, 2010, 05:32:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2012, 12:48:18 AM »
Quote from: "JJ Boom"
I have another boss idea.

(click to show/hide)
Omg, i loved this boss in castle crashers.
Anywho, its interesting, but also wouldn't be too hard to make. The skeleton wave is his magic, if i remember correctly?
As for his skin, I don't want to be using doubles *COUGHKNIGHTMANCOUGH*, Plus he is using the same colors as Ninja Spy, though I guess that only makes sense. How about Shademan?
And for his music, I personally prefer the one from the game IMO.
...Other than those things, I don't see anything wrong with this hale.inb4some1elsedoes Like i said b4 about Rozark's suggestion, have hopes for this one.

September 25, 2012, 01:52:41 AM
Reply #214

Offline D25

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2012, 04:58:13 AM

• View Profile
Re: [Game Mode] Stinko's SaxtonHale: V2D + NOW ACCEPTING HAL
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2012, 01:52:41 AM »
Quote from: "Game&Watcher"
Quote from: "Game&Watcher"
Here's my suggestion for a boss:
Inredible Woodman and Kung-Fu Cutman!That's right, another duo
Intros:
1.)WM:"I feel incredible!", CM:"I'm going to make paper dolls out of you!"

2.)CM:"Let's see how you do against Kung-Fu Cutman!", WM:"Prepare for Wood! (And make it good.)"

3.)CM:"Grab Him, I'll slice and dice him!", WM:"Oh yeah, I'm bad!"

Woodman Health: About Average

Woodman Speed: Somewhat low

Woodman Attack: Incredible Tackle! (Works just like YD Wood's alt)

Woodman SJump: Same as Saxton (Sound: WOOSH!)

Woodman Rage: Powerful Leaf Attack (AOE Leaf Rain, Less range than GOS' PSI Starstorm ?)

Cutman Health: Below average

Cutman Speed: Pretty Fast (Not Quickman Fast, But faster than vanilla Mega)

Cutman Attack: Karate Chop (Cutter Slice, see older YD classes/current KY classes)

Cutman SJump: Not a Jump, but a teleport (similar to his appearance in the arcade games) (Sound: He-ya!)

Cutman Rage: Tri-Cutter: Rolling Cutter + Spread = You get the Idea
Way ahead of you, Mr. D25, (with tweaks in red)

Better than my idea!  :mrgreen:

September 25, 2012, 02:49:40 AM
Reply #215

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2012, 02:49:40 AM »
Already, reupdated the two, D25.

September 25, 2012, 04:06:38 AM
Reply #216

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2012, 04:06:38 AM »
I hate to be a pest Silver but

well yeah

you sort of didn't say anything about Spike at all

not "that's cool", not "you're dumb Smash", not even a "hello"

I just got a big fat can of NOTHIN' AT ALL

September 25, 2012, 03:21:54 PM
Reply #217

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"

well yeah

Heh, sorry 'bout that. I'll do it later, im kinda in school right now XD
EDIT: Okay, now that I'm Home, here we go.

Quote from: "Rozark"
Hale to have 4 health every 5 players that joined
Challenge accepted. :cool:

Name: Spike

Skin: Helm-less Mega Man (someone go make a skin though)

Story: While chasing after the rampaging Pipo Monkeys, Spike falls for one of Specter's traps and is sent through time again... but now, to the future! Unfamiliar with such advanced robotics, Spike thinks the flashing lights and explosions means the robots are working for Specter. He sets out to try and put a stop to the fighting, much to the dismay of Mr. X's tournament contestants.

Theme: Peak Point Matrix - Vs. Specter
(click to show/hide)
Health: Spike only has five health points, visible on-screen as a... pile of cookies? Any damage taken by Spike deals exactly one point of damage, and Spike is stunned for a bit before he can move again. However, immediately after recovering he will have a few seconds of mercy invincibility, so watch out!

Movement speed: Blazing. For a guy with only melee attacks and six health points, you gotta move it son!

Special Trait: Spike can double-jump, similar to Bass in YD Classes.

Catch Bonus: When a player is defeated by Spike and he is missing health, one of Spike's cookies will be restored.

Attack: Actually, Spike brings four of his "Gotcha Gadgets" with him to the stage. He switches through them by pressing a movement button and Alt-Fire. For example, pressing Alt-Fire while holding the Forward button will switch to the Stun Club. Holding down Alt-Fire will allow the player to select their Gotcha Gadget as long as the button is held, though they will be unable to move while doing so.

Up: Stun Club. Swing this sword-like device to stop enemies in their tracks for a few seconds, which should be plenty of time to net 'em up. The attack has a decent range for a melee attack, and the club can be swung rapidly over and over again. However, multiple swings in a short time frame will drain the club's energy reserves.

Left: Sky Flyer. Hold down Fire to swirl the device around, then release to propel yourself high into the air. You'll gently float back down to the ground after taking flight unless you switch weapons. Flight can also be triggered mid-air, though the player has to start swirling the Sky Flyer while on the ground.

Right: Time Net. You stop, you swing, you net. Bye bye monkey.

Down: Here I'd like a little bit of input. I'm not sure whether the Dash Hoop or the Slingback Shooter would be a better option.

Dash Hoop: Swish-swish-swish-swish-VREEEEEEEEE~!! The silliest (and most downright fun) Gotcha Gadget in the game to most players, this electrically-charged hula hoop temporarily stops Spike in place while he shakes his money maker. After getting in a couple good sways, Spike dashes forward at high (and nearly uncontrollable) speeds, rebounding off walls and plowing down those who get in his way. Releasing the Fire button in the middle of a dash will cancel the attack. Turning is disabled throughout the attack, so prepare the attack to make sure you don't run right off a cliff! Players hit are immobilized as if they were hit by the Stun Net, though you might not get to them in time to catch them in the net. As a sort of trade-off, hit players will also be pushed back by a fair amount.

Slingback Shooter: Ready... aim... fire! Load this slingshot with seed pellets by holding Fire, then release to launch them forward in a fast and low arc. While a seed is loaded Spike moves slower, so make your shots quickly... but not too quickly, as delaying the shot will increase its accuracy. Rivals hit by pellets will slow down, but won't come to a complete stop like they do when hit by the Stun Club.

Due to his high speed and arsenal of attacks (plus the low health isn't helping much), Spike lacks any form of rage boost.

Huh, 5 hp only? I'm not sure how i would do that, but im sure its do-able.
The health restoration thing...I could probably find a way to make that work.
Also, I dunno how I would make some of the weps/the multi-wep thing work for two reasons.
One:
Quote from: "SilverSin"
Survivors cant take damage.
AKA, stunning isnt possible.
Secondly:
Survivors don't lose all their weps upon becoming a boss, so I'm pretty sure that's self explanatory.

September 25, 2012, 08:22:30 PM
Reply #218

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »

well yeah

Same thing for Zero. I know you're not adding him, so please say no.

September 25, 2012, 09:33:17 PM
Reply #219

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Quote from: "Eon_and_Rush"
A bit of a question regarding the music. What's the song that plays for Neo DS? Not the music code, the name of the song.

Also i have an idea for a boss
(click to show/hide)
Sorry for the late review. Anyways, His rage seems a little too...bland. A simple blade beam? I can't think of a rage right now, but think harder! I simple blade shot just seems to plain.
Not saying that its a BAD idea, im just saying that the rage could use more...thought. Also, before you say it notthatyouwill, 7-saber combo slash isn't possible (currently), sorry >_<

September 25, 2012, 09:41:14 PM
Reply #220

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
I do technically have two ideas, but since one needs a custom skin and likely won't be accepted anyway (I'm really deep into my own fanon now), I'll only submit the one for now.

(click to show/hide)

September 26, 2012, 12:12:04 AM
Reply #221

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
Huh, 5 hp only? I'm not sure how i would do that, but im sure its do-able. This part is easy. Set the boss's DamageFactor to x0 for everything, and in the Pain state, add a temporary invincibility then take away 1 health, jumping to the Death state if the player's health is zero.
Also, I dunno how I would make some of the weps/the multi-wep thing work for two reasons.
One:
Secondly:
Survivors don't lose all their weps upon becoming a boss, so I'm pretty sure that's self explanatory.
Actually, all of Spike's attacks are the same weapon. The alt-fire changes inventory flags, which affect the primary fire and the HUD display. It might be a little hard to understand, but when I send you the file it should be a bit clearer.

September 26, 2012, 02:07:07 AM
Reply #222

Offline Hinatediz

• MM8BDM Extender

• BEEP BEEP BITCH YOU'RE GAY *
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2012, 03:49:32 AM

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2012, 02:07:07 AM »
Okay... now i really understand the mechanic of this... Fixed FINALLY... i hope---

Boss Name: Bowser

(click to show/hide)

Colors: Green and Yellow

Health: 1350

Attack: Firebreath (Like in Super Mario Bros. Series)

Secondary attack: None

Secondary Cooldown: None

Third attack: None

Third Cooldown: None

Super Jump: Shell Jump (He spins inside his shell like in Smash Bros.)

Rage: Giant Bowser (He turns Giant and his attacks can deal x2 damage)

Boss Name: Peacock

(click to show/hide)

Colors: Purple and Red (But not like the Ghost of Starman)

Health: 950

Attack: Revolver Shot (She shoots with her revolver)

Secondary attack: Toon Kick (She kicks an enemy that launches it very far)

Secondary Cooldown: 20 seconds

Super Jump: Jet Jump (She activates a Jet Rocket Fire down her tallons that brings an extra boost)

Rage: Goodfellas (She calls Andy Anvil, Tommy Ten Tons and Lonesome Lenny that hits 1/5 of the enemy and they leave, then a little bomb comes and Peacock can toss a cigar, if the cigar hits the bomb, it explodes and the explosion can deal 1HKO.)

What about it now?

September 26, 2012, 02:17:31 AM
Reply #223

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:31 AM »
Huh, 5 hp only? I'm not sure how i would do that, but im sure its do-able. This part is easy. Set the boss's DamageFactor to x0 for everything, and in the Pain state, add a temporary invincibility then take away 1 health, jumping to the Death state if the player's health is zero.
One:
Secondly:
Actually, all of Spike's attacks are the same weapon. The alt-fire changes inventory flags, which affect the primary fire and the HUD display. It might be a little hard to understand, but when I send you the file it should be a bit clearer.
Ooh, I get it...it's kinda like what I did for NeoDS...more or less.
...wait, this means I can actually make Robo-Christian Brutal Sniper's rage to work properly! Oh, I'm blabbering. Hnngwhydidntithinkofthisb4
Quote from: "Hinatediz"
Fixed

Boss Name: Bowser

(click to show/hide)

Colors: Green and Yellow

Health: 250%

Attack: Firebreath (Like in Super Mario Bros. Series)

Secondary attack: Grab Smash (He grabs the opponent and slams it on the ground with his body, like in Smash Bros., leaving half of the health)

Secondary Cooldown: 30 seconds

Super Jump: Shell Jump (He spins inside his shell like in Smash Bros.)

Rage: Giant Bowser (He turns Giant and his attacks can deal x2 damage)

What about it now?

BTW i came with other boss...

Boss Name: Peacock

(click to show/hide)

Colors: Purple and Red (But not like the Ghost of Starman)

Health: 180%

Attack: Revolver Shot (She shoots with her revolver)

Secondary attack: Bomb Throw (She throws a 8 Billiard Ball like bomb and damages the 2/5 damage for the enemy)

Secondary Cooldown: 20 seconds

Third attack: Toon Kick (She kicks an enemy with 2/5 damage that launches it very far [if hits wall causes extra damage])

Third Cooldown: 60 seconds

Super Jump: Jet Jump (She activates a Jet Rocket Fire down her tallons that brings an extra boost)

Rage: Goodfellas (She calls Andy Anvil, Tommy Ten Tons and Lonesome Lenny that hits 1/5 of the enemy and they leave, then a little bomb comes and Peacock can toss a cigar, if the cigar hits the bomb, it explodes and the explosion can deal 1HKO.)
You want 250 hp for bowser, and 180 hp for Peacock I assume.
Well, for one, the alts arn't do-able because:
I've said that a lot. lol.
Anywho, the rage for peacock also has ^ that same rule. Bowser's on the other hand, I'm sure is do-able.
Primary's and Super Jump's look good though. Nothing I want to change there.

EDIT: oops, forgot about this:

Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
I do technically have two ideas, but since one needs a custom skin and likely won't be accepted anyway (I'm really deep into my own fanon now), I'll only submit the one for now.

(click to show/hide)
Well, firstly I might just make that alt a 1hko if you get near it bec--you know what. I've said that enough.
Secondly, The rage...I'm not sure if I can do what SmashBros said about his alt, for the twin weps...wait, nvm I think I can do that.
BUUUUT, survivors ca--*shot*
meening, the nemesis cant have that effect. hnng.
For his other wep, I would make it so it fires a normal 1HKO shot IF fired normally, no ripping. If charged, well, the massive ripper thing you said sums that up.

September 26, 2012, 02:26:41 AM
Reply #224

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »
I don't know how the Ninja Spy is going to get balanced...but please increase the range of the spy's primary attack. It is so hard to hit people with it. I refuse to play as the spy now since I can never get anyone, even when the person is right in front of me.