Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mess's Zandronum / Skulltag Launcher  (Read 4696 times)

October 10, 2012, 10:05:00 PM
Read 4696 times

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 04:06:39 PM

• View Profile
Mess's Zandronum / Skulltag Launcher
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
I posted about this in the Zandronum topic, but since I've been updating it a little bit, I figured it could use a topic of it's own.

A MM8BDM Launcher that works with both Skulltag and Zandronum written in VB.NET. It requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and is only Windows compatible.

Here's what it does:
-Automatically detects the presence of Zandronum.exe and Skulltag.exe (thus allowing you to switch between engines)
-Add/Remove WADS/PK3s and reorder them as you wish
-Creates a Zandronum ini file from your skulltag ini file if Zandronum is present with Skulltag (Copies your settings)
-Allows you to join a server (Either skulltag or Zandronum, choose the correct engine)
-Can select the main PK3 for the game (Defaults to MM8BDM-v2c.pk3) so it's possible to use with v1a or even the SGC demo
-Can host servers (Can also be used to host DOOM/HERETIC/HEXEN if ya know what you're doing)
-Probably crashes a lot....also probably bugs, you have been warned.

Here's what it does NOT do
-NOT a replacement for the main launcher. This is merely something so people can mess around with Zandronum before the official v3a release. (Also, 64 player Cutman, lul)
-Does not make bacon

As always, the standard warnings apply: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will not be held responsible if this blows up your computer, opens a black hole in your living room etc etc etc.

3b Notes:
-Double click the iwad or main wad text fields to bring up a file selection menu.

Download v3b here

To use, extract this into your MM8BDM folder and run as you would the normal launcher. To use Zandronum, install Zandronum to your MM8BDM folder as well.