Advanced Search

Author Topic: JTE's utilities  (Read 4409 times)

May 04, 2015, 03:28:45 PM
Read 4409 times

Offline JTE

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2015, 11:33:22 AM

• View Profile
    • http://srb2.org
JTE's utilities
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
On the off-chance this is useful to anyone... Here are some resources you can use. By which I mean scripts and programs, since I'm not an artist.

JTE's ACC
JTE Utils, version 2

JTE's ACC
This is a replacement ACC which allows you to compile ACS scripts which use Zandronum's new "EVENT" script type, and can override ZDoom's internal functions with user script functions. This allows you to write functions named VectorLength and sqrt without having to worry about ZDoom, while still maintaining their normal definitions if you're not overriding them.

The source code can be found on my bitbucket, where you can see all of the commits and look at exactly what I changed/added.

JTE Utils
Adds a whole bunch of functions for math, finding 3D floor heights at ANY specific location, and most importantly, streamlines handling death pits and water/splash physics down to a single function. This is licensed under WTFPL, so if you want to use it feel free to either link to it along with your map pack, embed it directly in your pack, or petition for it to be added to MM8BDM core. Just do whatever you want, it's okay!

Note that this library does NOT use "LOADACS", so it will ONLY run on maps where it's explicitly #imported. So if you want to use your own wacky gravity system or a custom Beat call function, you don't have to load it for that map specifically -- It's map pack friendly!

Like, you can seriously just put "AddWater(3, 5);" to an OPEN function in your map and then the sectors tagged 3 in your map will be subject to water from the 3D floor control sector tagged 5. If the control sector's ceiling moves, so does the water physics. Simple, clean, easy. Want some sectors to be full from floor to ceiling with no control sector? No problem, just use 0 for the second argument instead. Underwater death pit? Sure! "AddPit(3);" will mark sectors tagged 3 as a death pit, and also handle Beat calls for you, with no need for an actor to call the script yourself. Want to just flood the whole map? Why not! "FloodMap(MAXFIXED);" does exactly what you need, but if you want it to only go up to a certain height might I suggest "FloodMap(128.0);"?

The actual visual effects are still up to the map editor, however -- I can't craft new sectors using ACS scripts alone just yet. :P

May 04, 2015, 04:02:01 PM
Reply #1

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
*sqrting intensifies*
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
Oh wow, both of these sound awesome!

May 04, 2015, 04:11:22 PM
Reply #2

Offline JTE

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2015, 11:33:22 AM

• View Profile
    • http://srb2.org
Re: JTE's utilities
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:11:22 PM »
Ack, a botched upload destroyed my 8bdm_JTEUtil-v2.pk3 X_X; If you just got it, check the version string in JTEUtils.acs to make sure it says "v2.0.1" and that none of the lumps are invalid, gah. It should be fixed now.