Advanced Search

Author Topic: Thank You Thread!  (Read 7606 times)

November 27, 2014, 04:45:36 AM
Read 7606 times

Offline Rui

• MM8BDM Extender

• I believe in you!
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2011, 12:47:57 PM

• View Profile
Thank You Thread!
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »
Errr, so this is basically a thread where you give thanks because thanksgiving lol!!

An old forum of mine did this and it was really sweet so like, yeah. Here we go!!

Also, you don't have to make your post as long as mine lol. feel free to be short and simple or simply mention names if that's what you prefer.

I'd like to give warm thanks to....!!

(Also i'm going in order of ppl on my skype list)

---

Molly

(click to show/hide)

TGOT/A big teddy bear

(click to show/hide)

Awbawlisk

(click to show/hide)

Brawlman

(click to show/hide)

Caprice

(click to show/hide)

Magnet Dood

(click to show/hide)

TG74/Barlowe

(click to show/hide)

Chuggaa

(click to show/hide)

Copy Robot

(click to show/hide)

Blaze

(click to show/hide)

Dr. Freeman

(click to show/hide)

Ian

(click to show/hide)

Nemu

(click to show/hide)

Ivory

(click to show/hide)

Kenkoru

(click to show/hide)

Llama

(click to show/hide)

Max

(click to show/hide)

Michael/Mickle

(click to show/hide)

Myroc

(click to show/hide)

Sir Juicy

(click to show/hide)

Roy Angrym'n

(click to show/hide)

Lego

(click to show/hide)

Sam Turbodude

(click to show/hide)

Smash The Echidna

(click to show/hide)

SmashBro

(click to show/hide)

Raveman

(click to show/hide)

Ukiyama

(click to show/hide)

Wengar

(click to show/hide)

ColdFusion

(click to show/hide)

Yuri Sakazaki

(click to show/hide)

Blathers

(click to show/hide)

King Dumb

(click to show/hide)

Korby

(click to show/hide)

Kapus

(click to show/hide)

Also, thanks to these people too! I wasn't sure what to say, but i felt they had to be mentioned!!

(click to show/hide)

Happy thanksgiving!!!

November 27, 2014, 06:12:50 AM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: Thank You Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
I would be super awesome and make specific thank yous to certain people, but it would leave quite a few people out, so...

I would like to express my utmost gratitude to everyone in this community, you all have enriched my experience here in some way or another, providing me with an experience that can never be matched.

Thank you.

Also I commend Rui for the super amazing post that expresses love to everyone that enriched his experiences here. I really appreciate his effort.

November 27, 2014, 10:13:26 AM
Reply #2

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:13:26 AM »
thanksgiving is not a thing over here but whatever

thank you all for being completely radical and great

you're gr8

November 27, 2014, 12:52:39 PM
Reply #3

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
I WOULD say thanks to people, but it's a month late
- w -

Well, thank you all for being so cool!
Especially Kapus, Roy, Yuri, & Rui!!! (Well, and Elly, but she's not on here..)
You are all super cool and have definitely helped me cheer up when I needed it most!!
To be honest, most of the reason why I like being here so much, is because I met those 5 lovely people as a direct result of coming here
Many thanks! ^v^
? ? ? ? ?

also, thanks to Ivory (who's gone now. ;~; ) for giving me the chance to work on the greatness that is MM8BDM! It was (and still is) a fun experience to work on a game with all you cool people!

also, Rui, oh my gosh you are sooo sweet! ^^

November 27, 2014, 02:33:38 PM
Reply #4

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
I just want say, thank you for the people who continue to play this awesome fangam after 3-4 years.... because it's so fun to play with you.
I liked the night with TLMS vanilla, pretty intense...and fun! ^^ =D
I need to thanks again tsuki and jack corvus because they have made my Stonefunk classe in CSCC (projectprism now).
Thanks for some guys like muzaru or blankman and a lot of others FUNNY players, because they have a good sens of funny thing ^^ (i miss blankman ;-; my best personnal troll ever xD

November 27, 2014, 03:26:08 PM
Reply #5

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Of course, my thanksgiving was a month ago.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
Quote from: "Geno"
also, thanks to Ivory (who's gone now. ;~; ) for giving me the chance to work on the greatness that is MM8BDM! It was (and still is) a fun experience to work on a game with all you cool people!
Gone now?! I still lurk around~

Ahem, thank you Rui for your kind words, and you too Geno. Along with everyone else who has mentioned their kind words to me as I made my departure. It's always nice to know that I did make an impact on the lives of many, which is something I always strive for. I didn't want to just be a lead dev, I wanted to be a teacher who worked towards improving the skillset of those under me, and hopefully, I left a competent team to continue working on the game.

While I don't have the time to spend the time this morning to be commenting on individuals, I just want to say that everyone for better or for worse has helped me or shaped me into who I am today. But, I do have to name one specific person:

Thank you Mike for giving me the chance to be a mod/admin, to lead MM8BDM. You made an excellent game, and it was an honor to work and grow with it. To meet the people I did was all thanks to you. If it wasn't for you, then I really have no idea what I would of gone to after GvH ended.

November 27, 2014, 03:42:46 PM
Reply #6

Offline Blutorus

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 07, 2014, 03:02:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 03:42:46 PM »
I guess all I can really say for now is thanks for being a blast to be around, everyone!

Happy Turkey Day

November 27, 2014, 04:11:27 PM
Reply #7

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »
Thanks Rui. And everyone else on this forum. You're all cool, and it's been a great four years for me so far! I don't really know what else to say without delving into a huge post like Rui did, but I'm gonna go ahead and give a couple special thanks to Yuri for really bringing out my fighting game spirit, and to Awb for that awesome birthday gift this year. Even after beating Freedom Planet 3 times, I'm still going back for more~
Thanks you guys! Thanks everyone! Have a great day!

November 27, 2014, 04:58:11 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is not why we celebrate Thanksgiving?
.. Oh well. The opportunity has arisen anyway.

Rui
(click to show/hide)

Kapus
(click to show/hide)

LlamaHombre
(click to show/hide)

SmashBro
(click to show/hide)

Geno/Molly
(click to show/hide)

November 28, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
Reply #9

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »
(click to show/hide)
thank mr skeltal

November 28, 2014, 12:59:47 AM
Reply #10

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 12:59:47 AM »
Quote from: "Orange juice :l"
(click to show/hide)
thank mr skeltal
thank mr skeltal

Thanksgiving is non-existent in England but whatever. Thank you CutmanMike for creating the brilliant FPS that is Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch, and for creating the Cutstuff community. Also thank you to the Cutstuff community for being generally very good as a social experience, it has made me happy.

Also thank you OJ for inviting/summoning trumpet skelton of the abyss.

November 28, 2014, 01:04:15 AM
Reply #11

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 01:04:15 AM »
Quote from: "Ceridran"
(click to show/hide)

There we go

That is me

You even technically referred to me by the gender I identify as (which is not something you normally do)! Many thanks! ^v^

Seriously though, if there's one person I can't thank enough, it's good ol' Kappy.
She helped me get comfortable with my gender, which subsequently made me happier in general, changing me from a sad, depressed, distant person, to a nice, happy, caring, friendly gal! And, her art is the only reason why I joined here!
If I didn't see those excellent MM8BDM skins of hers, I wouldn't have joined and started making MM8BDM skins myself!
Which, in turn, wouldn't have allowed me to meet all you guys!

^v^

November 28, 2014, 01:22:07 AM
Reply #12

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
a
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 01:22:07 AM »
thanks mr skeltal

Quote from: "Geno"
You even technically referred to me by the gender I identify as (which is not something you normally do)! Many thanks! ^v^

why do you have to point this out

November 28, 2014, 03:28:12 AM
Reply #13

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 03:28:12 AM »
I didn't know it was that hard to call someone "she".

Thank you to Ashley for getting me to make a skype account and unwillingly pushing me to get integrated into the community on a deep level.

Thank you to my wonderful sister Yuri for pretty much being with me all throughout my time in this community, and being probably the first person I really got to talk to.

Thank you to Korby for befriending me during my early days and introducing to me to Ivory, Mr. X and Brotoad. You have no idea how much that impacted me.

Thank you to Mr. X for being a comforting older brother figure to me and helping me grow up.

Thank you to Brotoad for helping me learn to draw and sprite, and for inspiring me on so many of my pet projects. I had a whole deviantart journal entry dedicated to thanking you last year, in fact.

Thank you to Ivory for everything. For talking to me, for letting me enter the MM8BDM development team, for teaching me how to map well, for being patient with me when I would make mistakes, for comforting me when I'm sad, for understanding me, for being a dear friend.

Thank you to both Roc's Creation and Sicksadworld for helping me with my mapping abilities and helping me grow up as well.

Thank you to Mr. Skeltal for improving my body.

Thank you to Messatsu for helping me with my coding troubles and supporting me during the mapping competitions. Even though we were pitted against each other you were still giving it your all to help me with my project! Also thank you for being a really funny guy to be around. You were always 80% of the reason for me entering skype calls back in the day.

Thank you to Mickle and Sir Juicy for serenading me with their beautiful voices.

Thank you to Shade Guy for assisting me in my map pack and letting me borrow scripts. Also for being a very kind, modest and upstanding fellow. You're quiet and don't get a lot of time in the spotlight, but I can tell you're one of the nicest and wisest people I have met.

Thank you to King Yamato for helping me make a class and enter the Ice Ice competition. I won second place and I seriously could never have done that without you. alsothankyouforbeingahugesweetieforalltheseyearsandcaringformeanddrawingmegiftsandaaaahhh

Thank you to Dr. Freeman for giving me a chance and letting me play CSA2. Like, really. Thanks.

Thank you ever so much to Rui for helping me with my gender issues, being a friend I could really really relate to on a personal level, and changing my life forever. You've done so much for me, I will always be indebted.

Thank you to Thatguy74 for making me a theme song.

Thank you to Alice for letting me be her friend and being incredibly kind and caring to me since. I miss you!

Thank you to Chaos_Fantasy for being someone to always appreciate my skins and spritework, even when I'd just be making dumb OCs and stuff.

Thank you to Nue Houjuu for always playing MM8BDM with me and giving me lots of cookies.

Thank you to Lego for helping me out with a lot of technical issues my maps had!

Thank you to Awbawlisk for being an incredible sweetheart throughout this entire year<3

Thank you to Duora for drawing me stuff and being a nice guy!

Thank you to Nemu/Cold Noodles for teaming up with Yuri and me! And for always being a super sweet and super adorable friend whenever we play MM8BDM.

Thank you to Molly for opening up to me and letting me be her friend. You're a dear person and someone I relate to a lot.

Thank you to Combotron for nothing! Always getting in my way when I'd play MM8BDM. Every time I'd join a server back in the day, you'd somehow always be there, ready to mess me up. No, of course I wasn't just joining servers because you were there. It's not like I like you or anything. Baka. <3

Thank you to Smashbro+B for sweeping Bass Buster.rtf under the rug.

Curse Smashbros+B for writing Bass Buster.rtf in the first place.

Thank you to Laggy Blazko for making Laggy Blazko's map.

Thank you to Smash the Echidna, Roy, and Jafar for being the best brothers I could ask for.

Thank you to CutmanMike for creating and organizing MM8BDM and indirectly introducing me to everyone on this list with the exception of my family.

Thank you to Shagg for making videos about MM8BDM, which is how I ended up finding out about it.

November 28, 2014, 04:52:26 AM
Reply #14

Offline Yuri Sakazaki

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 03:17:49 AM

• View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/YuriSakazaki/
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »
Kapus
(click to show/hide)

Roy Angrym'n
(click to show/hide)

Smash the Echidna
(click to show/hide)

Jafar
(click to show/hide)

ThatGuy74/Captain Barlowe
(click to show/hide)

Rui
(click to show/hide)

Molly
(click to show/hide)

Sam/Turbodude
(click to show/hide)

Lio
(click to show/hide)

Ivory
(click to show/hide)

------
Special thanks to

Elly who is not part of Cutstuff for being such a great gal <3

Mia for being a really sweet person!

Nue/Neptune/Noire for being with me since the start!

Nemu for teaming up with me and Kapus! Our first match was a great first experience into the competitive scene of 8BDM!

Jman for being a pretty cool guy to casually talk to!

Korby for horses and STANTLERS and Brian Battlers
------

I will always try and do my part and being a great friend in return!

Now I will go hide a bit

so embarrased ;w;